If we were to stop and look back at our lives as a species 30 years ago, the number of advances we have seen has been mind-boggling!
For example, early on in the 1990s, the internet was publicly launched after being restricted to military uses. Now you’d be hard-pressed to find any device these days that doesn’t offer some form of internet connectivity.
In 1991, the dominant media format was cassette tapes and VHS videotapes. Now, we can get all of that streamed directly to our phones, tablets, and TVs without even getting up off the couch.
Music, too, has dramatically changed in the last 30 years. But some artists from that era (it hurts to call it that) are still making music, either keeping their signature sound alive or trying something new to keep relevant.
But, technology has affected the world in other ways, too!
- Phones have gone from being tethered to your wall to living in your pocket (all the more reason women’s clothing needs actual pockets instead of those ridiculously tiny holes the fairer sex tolerates now).
- Cars have made a push towards eco-friendly electric options and even self-driving models.
- Improvement of laparoscopic surgery has gifted us the ability to perform surgical procedures with minimally invasive techniques.
- SpaceX made a reusable rocket for space travel, furthering our goals as a species of exploring the universe.
- MRI Technology allows us to see parts of the human body we’ve never been able to see before, assisting in diagnosing diseases more effectively.
Financial advice changes too. What may have worked for your parents will not work for you, so having a financial advisor can make all the difference in prepping for the twists and turns that the future will bring. That’s where we come in.
Give us a call at 513-563-PLAN (7526) or go online to book your free 15-minute chat today. It won’t take you the next 30 years to see how well we can get you on the path to financial security.
Nikki Earley, CFP®