If you’re struggling with the mid-winter blues, the scientific community’s data wizards have brought you much-needed relief.
According to a story on the website Mental Floss, Dutch Neuroscientist Jacob Jolij discovered the foundational elements that make a song “happy”:
- Average tempo between 140 and 150 beats per minute.
- Played in a major key, not a minor one.
- Lyrics described positive events like parties or romance OR they were simply total nonsense.
Combine all these ingredients in just the right way and viola! Magic happens.
So based on this extensive research, here’s the top 10 list of the happiest songs ever:
1. Don’t Stop Me Now (Queen)
2. Dancing Queen (Abba)
3. Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys)
4. Uptown Girl (Billy Joel)
5. Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
6. I’m a Believer (The Monkees)
7. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cindy Lauper)
8. Living On a Prayer (Bon Jovi)
9. I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
10. Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)
So if you could use a quick pick-me-up, fire up your music player and stream a few of these happy tunes. It could re-make your day.
For a happier outlook on your financial future, give us a call at 513-563-PLAN (7526) or book online to set up your free 15-minute call.
Nikki Earley, CFP®