One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from British Prime Minister
Winston Churchill, delivered during the darkest days of World War II:
“Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never”
This advice especially applies to small business owners – entrepreneurs who face daily challenges in getting everything done, attracting customers, and closing deals to keep the doors open.
According to business speaker Tim Wackel, a study by the National Sales Executive Association discovered these numbers when it came to closing the deal:
- 2% of new sales are made on the first contact
- 3% of new sales are made on the second contact
- 5% of new sales are made on the third contact
- 10% of new sales are made on the fourth contact
- 80% of new sales are made on the fifth contact
If you run a small business, you must be relentless in self-promotion. If you quit trying, quit following up, quit returning those calls or sending those letters after the first, second, or even third attempt, you are losing out on the opportunity to help so many customers.
But this principle doesn’t only apply to business – no matter what dream you hold to dearly that you want to make a reality in the future…
- Whether it’s a college degree in a subject you’re passionate about.
- Or some accomplishment you long to achieve… writing a book, creating a painting, learning to play guitar or piano…
- Of a vision of retirement and time with your friends and loved ones…
Never give in… never, never, never, never. Persevere.
At Matson & Cuprill, we’ll stand by your side to encourage you every step of the way to achieving those dreams. Call us 513-563-PLAN (7526) or book online to discover how we can help make them come true.
Dan Cuprill, CFP®